The interest of the modern Civilized world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as being a complementary or alternative treatment therapy is rising and becoming popular due to the holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and protection against illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Building a strong immune system is crucial for the body to identify and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is a disease resulting from uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from your body parts. A weaker or impaired immunity improves your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
Past of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is actually a mushroom widely used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Powder meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which means “herb of the spirit”. It had been a really rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time and Emperors of the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life. For more than 2000 years Reishi mushroom has become probably the most cherished and sought after medicinal herb in Asia and rated as among the superior herbs in the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance for the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption with no unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance from the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was fashionable as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research shows that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential being a dietary supplement to have an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms such as Deer Antler Powder and Cordyceps have well been documented in lots of recent scientific studies to be potent medicine to improve and keep the body’s immune function from certain compounds inside them like polysaccharides which raise the activity of the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) that are vital to remove foreign cells(like cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published in the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 demonstrated that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as a nutritional supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health And Fitness Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the action of antibodies
* increases the body’s resistance to stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports an ordinary, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Tips to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it has the very best quality extract and contains most scientific evaluations
* choose individuals with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* try to find Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the potency of Reishi Spore Oil Softgel lies in its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, like extracts, health supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.